Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £22.52Trending at £23.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £31.22Trending at £32.33
- £28.95Trending at £29.73
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNATO Science Series A
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight786 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byFrederick L. Crane
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsIntroductory Remarks.- Modulation of Redox Reactions Involved in DNA Synthesis by Oxygen and Artificial Electron Acceptors.- Redox Agents which Modulate the Growth of Melanoma Cells: Evaluation of Mechanisms.- Possible Role of Transplasma Membrane Ferricyanide Reductase in Mitogenic Activation of Rat Liver Cells.- The Requirement for Transmembranal Electron Flow for Cell Profiferation.- Roles for Plasma Membrane Redox Systems in Cell Growth.- Redox Components in the Plant Plasma Membrane.- Reduction-Oxidation Activities of Plant Plasmamembranes.- Purification of NADH-Ferricyanide and NADH-Duroquinone Reductases from Maize (Zeamays L.) Root Plasma Membranes.- The Turbo Reductase in Plant Plasma Membranes.- Specific Interaction of the Herbicide Sethoxydim with the Plasmalemma Redox System of Plant Cells.- NADH or NADPH?.- Mechanism and Control of Iron Uptake by Erythroid and Non-Erythroid Cells.- The Release of Iron from a Subfraction of Rat Liver Highly Enriched in Endosomal Organelles Requires both a Functional H+-ATPase and NADH.- Uptake of Iron from Ferric Iron Compounds by Isolated Hepatocytes.- Hepatocyte Iron Uptake - A Plasma Membrane Process or An Endosomal Process?.- Reductive Release of Iron from Transferrin and Receptor Mediated Recycling.- Transplasma Membrane Electron Transport Functions as A Ferric Reductase.- Modulation of Transferrin Receptor Gene Expression by Peptide Growth Factors and Role of the Receptor in Human Fibroblasts.- Basic and Clinical Studies of Transferrin-Adriamycin Conjugates: Mechanisms for a New Approach to Drug Targeting.- Control of Transplasma Membrane Diferric Transferrin Reductase by Antitumor Drugs.- A General Introduction to The Link Between Redox Reactions and Proton Gradients.- Regulation of Proton Diffusion Pathways in Chloroplast Thylakoids by Ca++ Gating.- Energy-Dependent Transport of Urate and Xanthine in the Unicellular Green Algae Chlamydomonas reinhardtii.- Mechanisms of Ion Transport in Plants: K+ as an Example.- Electron Transport at the Plasma Membrane and ATP-Driven H+ Extrusion in Elodea densa Leaves.- The Relationships Between Ferricyanide Reduction and Associated Proton Efflux in Mechanically Isolated Photosynthetically Competent Mesophyll Cells.- The Ferricyanide-Driven Redox System at the Plasmalemma of Plant Cells: Origin of the Proton Production and Reappraisal of the Stoichiometry of e?/H+.- Ferricyanide Changes the Transport Properties of Lamprothamnium Papulosum Plasmalemma.- b-Type Cytochromes, Light- and NADH-Dependent Oxido-Reductase Activities in Plant Plasma Membranes.- Kinetics of Redox State as Related to Plant Growth and Development.- Regulation of Transplasmalemma Electron Transport by Calcium and Light in Oat Mesophyll Cells.- Thioredoxin and Glutaredoxin: Functions in Growth-Dependent DNA Synthesis and Cellular Regulation via Thiol Redox Control.- Cytochrome b561 and the Maintenance of Redox Poise in Secretory Vesicles.- The Retinoic Acid-Induced Cascade of Events Leading to Granulocyte Differentiation in HL60 Through a Postulated GTP-Regulated Inducing Molecule.- Changes in Plasmalemma Functions Induced by Phytopathogenic Bacteria.- On the Occurrence of Oxidoreductases in the Apoplast of Leguminosae and Gramineae and Their Significance in the Study of Plasmamembrane-Bound Redox Activities.- Relationship between NAD+/NADH Levels and Animal Cell Growth.- Redox Control of Glutathione and Thioredoxin Reductases.- Cardiac Ca2+ Channels and Sarcolemma Redox.- Role of Na+/H+-Antiporter in Growth Stimulation by Ha-ras.- Protein Kinase C: Plasma Membrane to Nucleus.- Plasma Membrane Cytochrome Components: Midpoint Redox Potentials, Light- and NADH Mediated Reductions.- Localisation of Donor and Acceptor Sites of NAD(P)H Dehyrogenase(s) Using Inside-Out and Right-Side Out Introductory Remarks.- Modulation of Redox Reactions Involved in DNA Synthesis by Oxygen and Artificial Electron Acceptors.- Redox Agents which Modulate the Growth of Melanoma Cells: Evalu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.