All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Killick explores the nature of playfulness and the many ways in which it can enrich the lives of people with dementia. Specific approaches and ideas for practice are described, and personal accounts of playfulness by those with dementia and their carers offer rich first-hand insights into its transformative potential.
- Author BiographyJohn Killick has worked with people with dementia for over 16 years, in care homes, day centres, hospital wards and in their own homes. He is known internationally for his pioneering poetry work, but has also explored the possibilities of using a variety of other art forms to enhance communication. He is passionately committed to providing opportunities for people with dementia everywhere to take part in creative activities, and has lectured, written, broadcast and run training sessions on the subject in a number of different countries. He is currently Writer in Residence for Alzheimer Scotland and runs an improvised drama group for the Scottish Dementia Working Group. He is the co-author of Creativity and Communication in Persons with Dementia, also published by JKP.
- Author(s)John Killick
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleUniversity of Bradford Dementia Good Practice Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note8 colour and 3 black and white photographs
- Weight163 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Series Edited byMurna Downs
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.22Trending at £24.28
- £23.53Trending at £23.81
- £18.29Trending at £21.98
- £20.44Trending at £21.16
- £36.01Trending at £38.26
- £26.11Trending at £28.49
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.