All listings for this product
Best-selling in Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
Save on Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
- £15.60Trending at £22.99
- £9.42Trending at £9.90
- £7.14Trending at £7.43
- £11.43Trending at £16.53
- £7.42Trending at £7.68
- £8.81Trending at £9.94
- £6.80Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of two plays from Spanish Golden Age playwright Lope de Vega, presented here in translations by Michael Jacobs and John Osborne. Includes the plays A Bond Honoured (translated by John Osborne) and The Labyrinth of Desire (translated by Michael Jacobs).
- Author BiographyLope de Vega (1562-1635), acknowledged as Spain's most lyrical and energetic dramatist, was a prolific and complusive writer. He treated an enormous range of subjects, often mingling comedy with tragedy, to the horror of the classicists, and defended his methods in his 'Arte nuevo de hacer comedias en este tiempe', published in 1609. John Osborne was born in London in 1929. He worked as a journalist for a number of trade magazines before becoming an Assistant Stage Manager and actor with several repertory companies. Look Back in Anger (1956) has come to stand as a key text for modern British Drama, and prompted other successes with The Entertainer and Epitaph for George Dillon. He was the first of many writers to be 'discovered' by the Royal Court Theatre, and Look Back in Anger was the first of the Royal Court's plays to be internationally recognised. Osborne adapted Look Back in Anger and The Entertainer for film. He also wrote an Oscar winning screenplay adaptation of Henry Fielding's novel Tom Jones. Micheal Jacobs was born in Italy and studied art history at the Courtauld Insitute, London. He then became a teacher and acclaimed travel writer. He is general editor for a series of volumes of Lope de Vega plays for Oberon Books. Plays Two includes his own translation of The Labyrinth of Desire and John Osborne's version of A Bond Honoured.
- Author(s)Lope de Vega
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Classics
- Translated byMichael Jacobs,John Osborne
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.