Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.79Trending at £12.22
- £12.31Trending at £13.95
- £11.95Trending at £16.93
- £3.82Trending at £3.88
- £10.32Trending at £18.93
- £9.99Trending at £14.99
- £6.76Trending at £11.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the historical and archaeological evidence of the relationships between a coastal community and the shipwrecks that have occurred along the southern Australian shoreline over the last 160 years.
- Author BiographyDr. Brad Duncan is the State Maritime Archaeologist responsible for the Maritime Heritage Program at NSW Heritage Branch, Parramatta Australia. He specialises in maritime cultural landscapes, historic maritime infrastructure studies, and fishing and defence landscapes. His current research projects include regional interpretation of the maritime cultural landscapes of coastal and inland waterways, the archaeology of shipbreaking and adaptive reuse of hulks, deep water wrecks, WWII sites in the Solomon Islands, and remote sensing of convict sites on Norfolk Island.Dr. Martin Gibbs is Professor of Australian Archaeology at the University of New England, Australia. His maritime interests include the archaeology of maritime industries, cultural aspects of shipwreck site formation, shipwreck survivors, and the processes of maritime colonisation. Current research projects include the archaeology of the 16th century Spanish explorations and failed colonies of the Solomon Islands and studies of the convict system in Australia. He is also the author of `The Shore whalers of Western Australia: Historical Archaeology of a Maritime Frontier' (University of Sydney Press, 2010).
- Author(s)Brad Duncan,Martin Gibbs
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/05/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleWhen the Land Meets the Sea
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note15 Tables, black and white; 63 Illustrations, color; 45 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 243 p. 108 illus., 63 illus. in color.
- Weight555 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.