All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)William F. Ruddiman
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitlePrinceton Science Library
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note19 halftones. 19 line illus. 5 tables. 7 maps.
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations ixPreface xiiiPart 1 What Has Controlled Earth's Climate? 1 Climate and Human History 5Part 2 Nature in Control 2 Slow Going for a Few Million Years 173 Linking Earth's Orbit to Its Climate 254 Orbital Changes Control Ice-Age Cycles 355 Orbital Changes Control Monsoon Cycles 466 Stirrings of Change 55Part 3 Humans Begin to Take Control7 Early Agriculture and Civilization 658 Taking Control of Methane 769 Taking Control of CO2 8410 Have We Delayed a Glaciation? 9511 Challenges and Responses 106Part 4 Disease Enters the Picture12 But What about Those CO2 Wiggles ? 11913 The Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Which One? 12714 Pandemics, CO2, and Climate 139Part 5 Humans in Control15 Greenhouse Warming: Tortoise and Hare 15116 Future Warming: Large or Small? 15917 From the Past into the Distant Future 169Epilogue18 Global-Change Science and Politics 17919 Consuming Earth's Gifts 190Afterword to the Princeton Science Library Edition 195Bibliography 215Figure Sources 219Index 223
- Author BiographyWilliam F. Ruddiman is a paleoclimatologist and professor emeritus at the University of Virginia.
- PrizesWinner of Phi Beta Kappa Book Award in Science 2006 (United States).
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £6.88Trending at £7.03
- £33.22Trending at £49.98
- £19.56Trending at £32.00
- £12.27Trending at £16.99
- £9.92Trending at £14.99
- £12.27Trending at £15.20
- £6.82Trending at £9.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.