Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionA study of the role played by dealers and collectors in the late 19th and early 20th centuries when the Western craze for East-Asian art was at its peak. The book comprises an overview of Japonisme and the translation into English of two French texts detailing the trade in Asian art at this time.
- Author BiographyMax Put is a freelance art historian. His areas of interest include twentieth-century architecture, and the impact of Japanese art on the West in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. He is also currently researching the issues surrounding the Dutch trade in East Asian Art in the early twentieth-century and Dutch Art Nouveau architecture.
- Author(s)Max Put
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintHotei Publishing,The Netherlands
- Content Note20 b&w illustrations, notes
- Weight454 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.