Pocket Guide to Crisis Intervention by Albert R. Roberts, Kenneth R. Yeager (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £28.60+ £3.50 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- £20.58+ £6.94 P&P
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by massivebooksuk
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £30.58Trending at £34.04
- £6.95Trending at £10.28
- £14.33Trending at £17.52
- £25.99Trending at £30.39
- £24.06Trending at £27.07
- £29.31Trending at £31.56
- £22.50Trending at £29.20
About this product
- Author(s)Albert R. Roberts,Kenneth R. Yeager
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication26/03/2009
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Definition and Nature of Crisis ; 2. Public vs. Private Crisis ; 3. Events that Precipitate a Crisis ; 4. Twelve Characteristics and Indicators of a Crisis-Prone Person ; 5. Types of Crises ; 6. Burgess and Roberts' Stress-Crisis-Trauma Continuum ; 7. Psychophysiological Reactions to a Crisis ; 8. Stress Symptomatology and the General Adaptation Syndrome ; 9. Common Signs, Symptoms, and Psychological Responses to Crisis (Emotional, Cognitive, and Behavioral) ; 10. Roberts' Seven Stage Crisis Intervention Model (R-SSCIM) ; 11. The Crisis Management Plan ; 12. Dos and Don'ts for Crisis Hotline Workers ; 13. Steps for Handling Difficult or Hostile Callers to a Hotline ; 14. Suicide Risk Assessment Protocol and Warning Signs ; 15. Crisis Intervention with Families ; 16. Crisis Intervention with Substance Abusers ; 17. Crisis Intervention with Accident Survivors ; 18. Crisis Intervention with Violent Crime Victims ; 19. Crisis Intervention with Abused Children ; 20. Crisis Intervention with Battered Women ; 21. Crisis Intervention with Sexual Assault Victims ; 22. Crisis Intervention with Mental Illness: Determining Safety Needs ; 23. Crisis Intervention after the Death of a Loved One ; 24. Crisis Intervention with Children in the Aftermath of School Violence ; 25. Crisis Intervention after Natural Disasters-Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Floods ; 26. Crisis Intervention after Terrorist Bombings in Planes, Railroads, or Buildings ; 27. Crisis Intervention after Bio-terrorism ; 28. Crisis Intervention with Homicide Survivors ; 29. The 10 Stages of Acute Traumatic Stress Management (ATSM) ; 30. Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Model ; 31. Multi-Component Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) ; 32. Signs and Symptoms of Clinician Stress and Burnout ; 33. Stress Reduction and Coping Skills for Clinicians Working in Crisis and Disaster Relief Positions
- Author BiographyThe late Albert R. Roberts was Professor Criminal Justice, School of Arts and Sciences, Rutgers University Livingston College Campus and Editor-in-Chief, Brief Treatment and Crisis Intervention. Dr. Roberts was a member of The Board of Scientific and Professional Advisors, and a Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress for The American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress. Kenneth R. Yeager is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry & Social Work at The Ohio State University, Director of Quality Assurance at The Ohio State University Medical Center, and Clinical Director of Outpatient Psychiatry Services of OSU Harding Hospital.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.