All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.90Trending at £8.99
- £6.55Trending at £9.34
- £6.37Trending at £7.92
- £6.22Trending at £7.92
- £2.49Trending at £4.94
- £5.10Trending at £9.86
- £2.50Trending at £3.95
About this product
- DescriptionSensual, salacious and above all scandalous, the erotic verse of the Roman poet Catullus has delighted - and shocked - readers for centuries. This new translation of the complete shorter poems highlights both the intense lyricism and the scabrous wit of the original.
- Author BiographyJosephine Balmer studied Classics and Ancient History at University College London, and has worked as a continuing education lecturer in Classics and ComparativeLitrature. She is a freelance writer and translator. As well as Chasing Catullus translation, she has published Sappho: poems &Fragments and the anthology Classical women poets with bloodaxe. She lives in Crowborough in East Sussex and in Cornwall.
- Author(s)Gaius Valerius Catullus
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2004
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Weight254 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated byJosephine Balmer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.