All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.04Trending at £9.29
- £9.60Trending at £11.20
- £15.50Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £9.35Trending at £10.39
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry 99 (a book with DVD) presents the best of a week-long series of live readings by South African poets that took place in Grahamstown in 1999. Even in their written form, many South African poems carry the intonations of the poet's voice, but seeing and hearing poets reading their own work has a particular vitality.
- Author BiographyFrom 1989 to 1999 Robert Berold edited the poetry journal New Coin , publishing much of the groundbreaking new poetry being written in South Africa in the 1990s. He has edited over 20 collections of poetry by various South African poets, as well as the anthology of 90s poetry It All Begins and a book of interviews with poets South African Poets on poetry, both published by UKZN Press. He is the publisher of the poetry press Deep South. He lives in France. The introduction is by Mxolisi Nyezwa , who grew up in New Brighton, Port Elizabeth, South Africa where he still lives. He runs a shop and business support service from a steel container in Motherwell township. He is founder and editor of the cultural magazine Kotaz , now in its 14th year. His own poetry collections include Malikhanye (2011) Song Trials (2000) and New Country (2008).
- PublisherDeep South
- Date of Publication23/10/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationScottsville
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintDeep South
- Weight235 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byRobert Berold
- Contained items statementContains 1 Foam book and 1 Digital (on physical carrier)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.