All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the poetry of Carl Sandburg in this installment of the Poetry for Kids series. Carefully chosen for kids, 35 poems are presented, illustrated, and explained by an expert.
- Author BiographyCarl Sandburg was an American poet, biographer, and editor who won three Pulitzer Prizes (two for his poetry). Three of his most famous volumes of poetry include Chicago Poems, Cornhuskers, and Smoke and Steel. His poems are accessible and incredibly visual. Kate Benzel, PhD, is a Carl Sandburg scholar and professor emerita at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, where she is currently transcribing and annotating Sandburg's early unpublished notebooks. Robert Crawford is an illustrator and fine artist living in the northwest hills of Connecticut. He works in his own unique style, which he says influenced is by magic realism and the regionalism of post-World War II artists like Grant Wood and Thomas Hart Benton. His work has been on the cover of major magazines, including Fortune, Business Week, The Atlantic and U.S. News and World Report, Newsweek and Rolling Stone. He has also illustrated four children's books, including T Is for Taj Mahal: An India Alphabet and The Legend of the Old Man of the Mountain.
- Author(s)Carl Sandburg
- PublisherMoonDance Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2017
- GenreChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoonDance Press
- Content Note66 color photos
- Width209 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byKathryn Benzel
- Illustrator(s)Robert Crawford,Robert Gantt Steele
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £7.70Trending at £10.00
- £3.83Trending at £5.99
- £6.44Trending at £6.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.87
- £7.36Trending at £9.99
- £12.18Trending at £15.20
- £7.22Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.