All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRevised edition of the author's Police administration, 2014.
- Author BiographyGary W. Cordner is Professor Emeritus at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania and a Commissioner of CALEA (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies). He is Senior Research Associate with the Police Foundation and Senior Police Advisor for the International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Program (ICITAP), U.S. Department of Justice, in Ukraine, and has been associated with the Center for Problem-Oriented Policing since its inception. Cordner joined the Department of Criminal Justice at Kutztown University in 2008, after teaching for 21 years at Eastern Kentucky University (EKU), including five years as Dean of the College of Justice & Safety. At EKU he also founded and directed the Regional Community Policing Institute and the International Justice & Safety Institute. Before joining the faculty at EKU, he worked as a police officer and police chief in Maryland and taught at Washington State University and the University of Baltimore. He maintains the Modern Policing Blog at https://gcordner.wordpress.com/, which comments on news and developments in the policing world. Cordner is a past member of the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council, the Kentucky Criminal Justice Council, and the Lexington/Fayette County Civil Service Commission; founding editor of Police Quarterly and past editor of the American Journal of Police; and past president of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS). He has published several books and numerous articles and book chapters on community policing, police administration, and related topics. He has received the Academy Fellow Award, Bruce Smith Sr. Award, and Outstanding Paper Award from ACJS, in addition to the O.W. Wilson Award from the Police Section of ACJS, the Outstanding Educator Award from the Southern Criminal Justice Association, and outstanding alumnus awards from Northeastern University and Michigan State University.
- Author(s)Gary W. Cordner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 colour illustrations, 4 colour tables, 15 colour line drawings
- Weight1124 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.57Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.04
- £4.51Trending at £7.10
- £6.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.77
- £7.21Trending at £7.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.