All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.41Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £8.89
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionProvides analytical, theoretical and empirical insights on vulnerable people policing, and reflects on critical issues in a domain that is increasingly subject to speedy conversion from policy to practice, and heightened media and political scrutiny.
- Author BiographyIsabelle is the Discipline Coordinator of Police Studies, University of Tasmania and Senior Researcher, Tasmanian Institute of Law Enforcement Studies. Isabelle teaches and researches policing, and specialises in the topic of vulnerable populations and policing. She teaches this very topic at the Tasmania Police Academy, a role she was already undertaking with the New South Wales Police Force, when she was working at Charles Sturt University. She is a member of the Australian University Community Engagement Alliance Scholarship Committee, a member of the Ethical Review and Research Governance Advisory Committee of the Australian Institute of Police Management. She is also an Associate Investigator at the Centre of Excellence in Policing and Security, and a member of the Australia Crime Prevention Council. She is an Adjunct Senior Lecturer at Charles Sturt University, in the School of Police Studies. Nicole is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Social Sciences and Humanities at Deakin University, and Associate Senior Research Fellow with the Tasmania Institute of Law Enforcement Studies, University of Tasmania. Nicole has worked as a practitioner and academic in the areas of policing hate crime, and policing in culturally and linguistically diverse societies for over 15 years. Her current research with the London Metropolitan Police Service uses forensic linguistics to understand the context of hate speech in hate crime. Her work has been published in a range of edited collections and journals, and she is the co-author (with Rob White and Janine Haines) of Crime and Criminology.
- PublisherFederation Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationAnnandale, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFederation Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byIsabelle Bartkowiak-Theron,Nicole L. Asquith
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.