Political Communication in Comparative Perspective by Professor Erik Albaek, Nael Jebril, Claes H. De Vreese, Arjen van Dalen (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £16.62Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
- £12.58Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book demonstrates that under the right circumstances, citizens learn from political news, do not become cynical, and are satisfied with political journalism.
- Author BiographyErik Alb'k is Professor of Journalism and Political Science and Research Director at the Centre for Journalism, Department of Political Science and Public Management at the University of Southern Denmark. His work has appeared in numerous journals including Journalism, Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly, Political Communication, the Journal of Communication, the European Journal of Communication, and Party Politics. He is former chairman of the Danish Social Science Research Council and the Nordic Political Science Association. Arjen van Dalen is Assistant Professor at the Centre for Journalism, Department of Political Science and Public Management at the University of Southern Denmark. His work has been published in The Global Journalists in the 21st Century (edited by David Weaver and Lars Willnat, 2012) and journals such as the European Journal of Communication, Political Communication, the International Journal of Press/Politics, Journalism, and Journalism Studies. He has lived, studied, and worked in The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Austria, Germany, Spain, Belgium, and Denmark. Nael Jebril is a postdoctoral fellow at the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, Department of Politics and International Relations at the University of Oxford. He holds a PhD in journalism (2011) from the Centre for Journalism, Department of Political Science and Public Management, University of Southern Denmark, and an MA in global journalism (2006) from Orebro University, Sweden. His research has received support from the Danish Social Science Research Council. Claes H. de Vreese is Professor and Chair of Political Communication and Director of the Amsterdam School of Communication Research at the University of Amsterdam. He is the founding Director of the Center for Politics and Communication (www.polcomm.org) and Adjunct Professor of Political Science and Journalism at the University of Southern Denmark. His research interests include comparative journalism research, the effects of news, public opinion and European integration, effects of information and campaigning on elections, referendums, and direct democracy.
- PrizesWinner of Goldsmith Book Prize 2016.
- Author(s)Arjen van Dalen,Claes H. De Vreese,Nael Jebril,Professor Erik Albaek
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2014
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCommunication, Society and Politics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note31 b/w illus. 11 tables
- Weight320 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.