Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.12
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.21Trending at £25.37
- £14.15Trending at £22.06
- £10.89Trending at £12.30
- £27.75Trending at £47.99
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn this carefully researched, thought-provoking book, Geoffrey Hughes examines the trajectory of political correctness and its impact on public life. Focusing on the historical, semantic, and cultural aspects of political correctness, it will intrigue anyone interested in this ongoing debate.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Hughes graduated from Oxford, was an Honorary Research Associate at Harvard, and is Emeritus Professor of the History of the English Language at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. He is the author of An Encyclopedia of Swearing (2006), A History of English Words (Wiley-Blackwell, 2000), Swearing: A Social History of Foul Language, Oaths and Profanity in English (1998), and Words in Time (1988). He is currently Honorary Research Associate at the University of Cape Town.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Hughes
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2009
- Series TitleLanguage Library
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width160 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.