All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
- £23.44Trending at £39.99
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures three essays on reforms and poverty alleviation. This title reveals the working of the Indian political economy and explains the causes behind persistent poverty in the country despite economic growth. It addresses the issues of effective means of poverty reduction by the states, reforms of federal fiscal relations and taxes.
- Author BiographyRaja J Chelliah (1922-2009) was one of India's most respected economists, referred to as the Father of Tax Reforms by his peers. Dr Chelliah is best known for his work as Chairman of the Tax Reforms Committee between 1991 and 1993, which set out a roadmap for reducing import duties. This paved the way for liberalisation in India. A specialist in public finance and an institutional builder, Dr Chelliah founded the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy in 1976 and built it up into a full-fledged research institution in fiscal matters. He also founded the Madras School of Economics and was Professor Emeritus there. Dr Chelliah served as a Planning Commission member (1987-89) and on the Ninth Finance Commission. He also held the post of Fiscal Advisor in the Union Ministry of Finance (1993-95). He was honoured with a Padma Vibhushan in 2007. His publications include: Towards Sustainable Growth: Essays in Fiscal and Financial Sector Reforms in India (1996), Ecotaxes on Polluting Inputs and Outputs (2007), Income-Poverty and Beyond (2002), Reports on India's Tax Reforms (with Vijay L. Kelkar, 2003).
- Author(s)Raja J. Chelliah
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2010
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight358 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.