All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Taru Haapala
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication18/01/2017
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleStudies in Modern History
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content NoteXII, 345 p.
- Weight596 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
- Table Of Contents1. The `combative element': Debate and rhetorical uses of parliamentary procedure in the Cambridge and Oxford Union Societies, c. 1832-1867.- 2. The Union Societies in the British political culture: The formation of a parliamentary culture of debate.- 3. Debate at the core of British parliamentary culture.- 4. The politics of agenda in the Union Societies.- 5. The politics of debate in the Union Societies.- 6. Conclusion: Deliberative rhetoric in parliamentary-style assemblies.- Appendices: Lists of debate topics in Union Societies, 1830-1870.
- Author BiographyTaru Haapala is Research Fellow in Political Science at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.01
- £32.33Trending at £34.18
- £13.79Trending at £20.02
- £6.40Trending at £7.49
- £13.99Trending at £20.98
- £9.70Trending at £10.24
- £20.62Trending at £29.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.