Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Education Limited
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1458 g
- Width191 mm
- Height265 mm
- Edited byBill Jones,Philip Norton
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPart I: Context 1. Political Concepts and Perspectives [Bill Jones] 2. Britain, the World, and Europe [Oliver Daddow] 3. The Social and Economic Context [Kevin Hickson] And Another Thing... The Riots of August 2011 [Mark Garnett] Part II: Defining the Political World 4. Ideology and the Liberal Tradition [Bill Jones] 5. Political Ideas: the Major Parties [Bill Jones] 6. Political Ideas: Themes and Fringes [Bill Jones] And Another Thing... The Declining Reach of the Mainstream Media [Peter Ridell] Part III: The Representative Process 7. Elections and Voting [David Denver] 8. The Mass Media and Political Communication [Bill Jones] 9. Parliamentary Representation [Byron Criddle] 10. Pressure Groups [Bill Jones] 11. Political Parties [Richard Kelly] 12. Devolution [Russell Deacon] And Another Thing... How well has Coalition Government Worked? [Robert Hazell and Peter Waller] Before you move on... Part IV: The Legislative Process 13. The Changing Constitution [Philip Norton] 14. The Crown [Philip Norton] 15. The House of Commons at Work [Philip Norton] 16. The House of Commons under Pressure [Philip Norton] 17. The House of Lords [Philip Norton] And Another Thing... The House of Lords: Reform, Not Elect [Philip Norton] Part V: The Executive Process 18. The Core Executive: the Prime Minister and Cabinet [Philip Norton] 19. Ministers, Departments and Civil Servants [Philip Norton] 20. Local Government [Colin Copus] 21. The Judiciary [Philip Norton] And Another Thing... Why do Governments always Disappoint? [Jonathan Powell] Part VI: The Policy Process 22. The Policy-Making Process [Bill Jones] 23. The Politics of Law and Order [Bill Jones] 24. Social Policy in the UK [Anneliese Dodds] 25. Economic Policy [Wyn Grant] 26. British Foreign and Defence Policy [Bill Jones] 27. Britain and the Politics of European Integration [Michael Holmes] And Another Thing... Can we Buck the Markets? [Michael Moran] Epilogue: Coalition Government in the UK: how has it been?
- Author BiographyBill Jones is Professor and Lecturer of Politics and History at Liverpool Hope University. He is the author of several well-known textbooks on British politics including the previous seven editions of Politics UK, British Politics Today, Political Issues in Britain Today and The Dictionary of British Politics. Philip Norton, Lord Norton of Louth, is Professor of Government and Director of the Centre for Legislative Studies at the University of Hull, as well as being a member of the House of Lords. He is the author or editor of 30 books.
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.99
- £11.43Trending at £14.97
- £10.20Trending at £12.68
- £14.98Trending at £21.37
- £28.89Trending at £30.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.