Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- Series TitleEnvironmental Science Research
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1211 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byE. S. Barrekette
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1973
- Table Of Contents1. Climatic Aspects of Pollution.- 1.1 Global Effects of Contaminants in the Upper Atmosphere.- 1.2 Climatic Aspects of Waste Heat.- 1.3 Cooling Towers and Weather Modification.- 2. Pollution and Space.- 2.1 Man-Made Alterations of the Near Earth Space Environment.- 2.2 Orbital Pollution Control.- 2.3 Global Air Pollution Monitoring from Satellites: Prospects and Problems.- 2.4 Environmental Observations from Space - The Promise and the Challenge.- 3. Air Pollution.- 3.1 A Model for Fluid Mechanical Studies of Air Pollution.- 3.2 A Systematic Method for Evaluating the Potential Environmental Impact of New Industrial Chemicals.- 3.3 Effect of Additives on Boiler Cleanliness and Particulate Emissions.- 3.4 High Temperature Dust Control - Application of a Combination Particle Collector and Heat Exchanger.- 4. Agricultural and Pest Control Aspects of Pollution.- 4.1 Solutions to Problems of Soil Pollution by Agricultural Chemicals.- 4.2 Control of Air Pollution Affecting or Caused by Agriculture.- 4.3 The Creation and Control of Pest Situations Through Engineering: Past, Present and Future.- 4.4 The Neo-Technological Landscape Degradation and Its Ecological Restoration.- 4.5 Some Aspects of the Role of Engineering in the Competition Between Insects and Man.- 5. Sulfur Dioxide.- 5.1 Sulfur Dioxide Removal from Gases, U. S.: Lime-Limestone.- 5.2 Special Problems of the Smelter Industry.- 5.3 Sulfur Dioxide Removal from Waste Gases: A Status Report from United States: Recovery Processes.- 5.4 Sulphur Dioxide Removal from Waste Gases: A Status Report from Japan.- 5.5 Sulfur Dioxide Removal from Waste Gases: A Status Report - Europe.- 6. Propellants and Explosives.- 6.1 Pollution Abatement in the Manufacture and Loading of Propellants and Explosives.- 6.2 Investigations Related to Prevention and Control of Water Pollution in the U. S. TNT Industry.- 6.3 Control of Nitrogen Oxide Emissions for Nitric Acid Plants.- 6.4 Abatement of Nitrobodies in Aqueous Effluents from TNT Production and Finishing Plants.- 6.5 Explosive Incineration.- 6.6 The U. S. Navy PEPPARD Program.- 6.7 Elimination of Styphnic Acid from Plant Effluents.- 7. Solid Waste, Land Use.- 7.1 Environmental Problems and Solutions Associated with the Development of the World's Largest Lead Mining District.- 7.2 A Study of the Effectiveness of Backfilling in Controlling Mine Drainage.- 7.3 Land Disposal of Septage (Septic Tank Pumpings).- 7.4 Resource Recovery from Municipal Waste - A Review and Analysis of Existing and Emerging Technology.- 7.5 Removal of Trace Metals from Wastewater by Lime and Ozonation.- 7.6 A Floating Settler for Low Cost Clarification.- 8. Sensing, Instrumentation, and Measurement.- 8.1 Measurement and Collaborative Testing for Implementation of Air Quality.- 8.2 The Use of Airborne Sensor Systems for Environmental Monitoring.- 8.3 Radio Wave Monitoring of the Depth and Salinity of the Water Table.- 8.4 Remote Measurement of Air Pollutants Utilizing the Raman Effect.- 8.5 Remote Sensing of Pollutants by Means of Stereo Analysis.- 8.6 Profiles of the Natural Contaminant Radon 222 as a Measure of Vertical Diffusivity.- 8.7 Spectrophotometric Determination of Indole and Skatole Using Lignine Extractions.- 9. Models.- 9.1 The Steady-State Demand-Output-Waste Economy.- 9.2 Simulation of Populations, with Particular Reference to the Grain Beetle, Tribolium.- 9.3 Pollution by Diffusive Processes.- 9.4 Computer Control of Physical-Chemical Wastewater Treatment.- 9.5 Computation and Mapping of the Dispersion and Herbage Uptake of Gaseous Effluents from Industrial Plants.- 9.6 Particle Deposition and Diffusivities along Smooth Surfaces.- 10. Noise.- 10.1 Industrial Noise Pollution.- 10.2 Motor Vehicle Noise.- 10.3 Engineering and Scientific Implications of Noise Control Legislation.- 10.4 Noise Pollution in Developing Countries and in Israel in Particular.- 11. National and Local Problems and Solutions.- 11.1 Environmental Protection in the U. S..- 11.2 Pollution
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.