All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Kumar Ganesan,Louis Theodore,Ryan Dupont
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication14/11/2016
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note89 black & white illustrations, 66 black & white tables
- Weight1270 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsINTRODUCTION. THE ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT DILEMMA. CHANGING THE WASTE MANAGEMENT PARADIGM. Pollution Prevention. Industrial Ecology. Green Science and Engineering. Sustainability. ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE FUNDMENTALS. Definitions. Physical, Chemical and Biological Properties. Conservation Laws and Basic Principles. Unit Operations. ENGINEERING PRINCIPLES. Plant Equipment. Ancillary Processes and Equipment. Waste Treatment Processes and Equipment. Process Diagrams. Process Failure Analysis Methods. Economic Considerations. POLLUTION PREVENTION PRINCIPLES. From Pollution Control to Pollution Prevention. Pollution Prevention Components. Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessment Methodology. Source Reduction Techniques. Recycling Techniques. Design for the Environment and Lean Manufacturing. ISO 14000 and the EMS. SELECTED INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS. General Applications. Commercial Printing. Metal Finishing and Fabrication Industries. Drug Manufacturing. Paint Manufacturing. Wood Products Manufacturing. Pesticide Formulation. Pulp and paper industries. Electronics Industry. Petrochemical Industry. Refineries. APPLICATIONS FOR INSTITUTIONS AND THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT. Domestic Applications. Institutional Applications. Applications in Government. Low Impact Development and Green Infrastructure. Application in Developing Countries. CASE STUDIES. The Case for Case Studies. Qualitative Case Studies. Quantitative Case Studies. POLLUTION PREVENTION AND SUSTAINABILITY RESOURCES. The Need for Resources. State Pollution Prevention Programs. National Level Pollution Prevention Programs and Organizations. International Level Pollution Prevention Programs and Organizations. Pollution Prevention Contacts in Education. Pollution Prevention Software and Internet Resources. APPENDIX. INDEX.
- Author BiographyDr. R. Ryan Dupont is a Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, a Research Associate at the Utah Water Research Laboratory, and the Head of the Division of Environmental Engineering. His research interests focus on the bioremediation of petroleum and chlorinated solved contaminated soil and groundwater. He has recently been heavily involved in the use of natural attenuation and bioaugmentation for site remediation, and in the use of DNA probes for describing microbial community response to engineering management controls applied for site remediation. Ryan also has interests and expertise in soil vapor extraction and soil gas monitoring, pollution prevention and life-cycle analysis, and municipal solid waste management issues. Awards and honors include: Sigma Xi, 2000; ASCE Utah Section Outstanding Professor of the Year, 1998; Utah State University Old Main Society, 1993; College of Engineering and CEE Departmental Researcher of the Year, 1991-1992 Academic Year; ASEE Outstanding Young Engineering Educator, 1988.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.67
- £17.29Trending at £28.14
- £23.56Trending at £40.20
- £11.91Trending at £20.09
- £15.17Trending at £24.12
- £8.63Trending at £16.56
- £17.28Trending at £22.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.