All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTakes place between the mid-1940s and the mid-1970s, in Brussels, Salisbury, the Congo, the industrial wastes of Lorraine - but the dominant setting is in the titular city - a nightmarish brick grid populated by freaks. Meades has also written Filthy English and Peter Knows What Dick Likes .
- Author BiographyJonathan Meades writes and presents topographical and architectural television films, among them the series The Victorian House, Abroad in Britain and Further Abroad. Since 1986 he has contributed a weekly column about restaurants to the Times. His book include This Is Their Life, An Illustrated Atlas of the World's Buildings, Filthy English, Peter Knows What Dick Likes and Pompey.
- Author(s)Jonathan Meades
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/01/1994
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date12/03/1997
- Weight340 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.80Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.01
- £7.92Trending at £10.95
- £7.36Trending at £8.99
- £4.39Trending at £6.29
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.