Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.44
- £6.54Trending at £8.98
- £4.44Trending at £5.19
- £10.96Trending at £11.99
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
About this product
- DescriptionPoor Angus centres round a struggling painter, Angus McAllister, who has returned to the seemingly idyllic Hebridean island of his birth in the hope that it will inspire him to create his masterpiece. His privacy is invaded by Janet, a visitor with relatives on the island.
- Author BiographyAuthor of a number of landmark novels including The Cone Gatherers, The Changeling, Happy for the Child, The Thistle and the Grail and Guests of War, Jenkins is rapidly attaining recognition as one of Scotland's greatest writers. The themes of good and evil, of innocence lost, of fraudulence, cruelty and redemption shine through his work. His novels, shot through with ambiguity, are rarely about what they seem. He published his first book, So Gaily Sings the Lark, at the age of thirty-eight, and by the time of his death in 2005, over thirty of his novels were in print.
- Author(s)Robin Jenkins
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2001
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight164 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.