Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £6.11Trending at £6.32
- £1.63Trending at £2.19
- £2.57Trending at £2.78
- £10.43Trending at £11.16
- £21.77Trending at £29.99
- £9.78Trending at £9.96
- £6.90Trending at £7.18
About this product
- DescriptionA confessional novel that begins on an unbearably hot August afternoon in downtown Cairo, where the Nubian narrator has just decided, once and for all, to end his life. He seeks to expunge his failed life in the Nile: the river that had been the lifeblood of his country for millennia, and that - with Egypt's new dam - now drowns Nubia.
- Author BiographyIDRIS ALI, one of Egypts leading Nubian writers, is the author of three short story collections and six novels, including Dongola (AUC Press, 2006). Self-taught in literature, he attended the Religious Institute of al-Azhar and currently lives in Cairo.
- Author(s)Idris Ali
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2007
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight413 g
- Width130 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byElliott Colla
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.