CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.53
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight528 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySevil Sonmez,Yorghos Apostolopoulos
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
- Table Of ContentsDemographic and Epidemiological Perspectives of Human Movement.- Demographic and Epidemiological Perspectives of Human Movement.- Key Themes Pertinent to Migration, Health, and Disease.- Population Mobility and the Geography of Microbial Threats.- Health Barriers and Inequities for Migrants.- Social Networks, Social Capital, and HIV Risks Among Migrants.- Labor Induced Migration and Disease Diffusion.- Economic Migrants and Health Vulnerability.- Military Personnel: On the Move and Vulnerable/AIDS to HIV and other STIs.- Selling Sex in the Era of AIDS: Mobile Sexworkers and STI/HIV Risks.- Tracing the Diffusion of Infectious Diseases in the Transport Sector.- Forced Migration: A Public Health Catastrophe.- War, Refugees, Migration, and Public Health: Do Infectious Diseases Matter?.- Natural Disasters, Climate Change, and the Health of Mobile Populations.- Leisure Migration and Health Concerns: A Paradox or Inevitability?.- Casual Sex in the Sun Makes the Holiday: Young Tourists' Perspectives.- In Search of the Exotic: Sex Tourism and Disease Risks.- Mapping and Modeling Disease Risk Among Mobile Populations.- Ethical and Legal Issues Impacting Migrant Health.- Migration in a Mobile World: Health, Population Mobility, and Emerging Disease.
- Author BiographyYorghos Apostolopoulos, Ph.D., is Associate Clinical Professor of Social Epidemiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA and Visiting Associate Professor of Medical Sociology, University of Athens School of Health Sciences, Athens, Attica, Greece. Sevil Sonmez, Ph.D., is Assistant Professor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA and Associate Professor of Management, Cyprus College School of Business, Engomi, Nicosia, Cyprus.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.