All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £9.99Trending at £12.70
- £16.59Trending at £18.96
- £17.35Trending at £22.80
- £7.58Trending at £7.83
- £13.16Trending at £17.95
- £23.39Trending at £31.24
- £15.28Trending at £19.96
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a sociological analysis of populism that reveals it as the cancer of democracy. This work covers such issues as Islamic fundamentalism in barring the path to progress; the self-destructiveness of Western politics through a facile view of our real condition; and a glance at the arts.
- Author BiographyRobert Corfe is a prolific author who has written extensively on the benefits of social capitalism. He is a political scientist and businessman, with considerable experience of political life, and in this book he elaborates on the ills of populism in undermining standards in many spheres of life, and how aspirational values may be promoted in meeting the challenges of an increasingly dangerous world. For many years he was a senior manager in manufacturing industry, and later a management consultant advising SMEs, usually in the engineering sector. He is also the author of two autobiographical books under different pseudonyms: Death in Riyadh dark secrets in hidden Arabia (Geoff Carter), based on his experiences as a businessman in the Middle East in the 1980s, and, My Conflict With a Soviet Spy the story of the Ron Evans spy case (Eddie Miller), based on his adventures in Scandinavia in the 1960s. In 1987 he founded the Campaign For Industry, to which he was elected Chairman, and for which he wrote many pamphlets on the problems of contemporary business. His broad experience, frequent travels overseas, and years of residence in Continental Europe have given him a unique perspective of socio-economic issues.
- Author(s)Robert Corfe
- PublisherArena Books
- Date of Publication23/04/2007
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBury St Edmunds
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArena Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.