CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.44Trending at £4.67
- £4.93Trending at £6.94
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.52
- £12.58Trending at £15.57
- £4.67Trending at £7.98
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of a crippled street-beggar in Charleston's Catfish Row and of his passionate love for tempestuous Bess. Heyward's novel was the first to portray blacks outside of stereotypes and was the source of George Gershwin's folk opera masterplece Porgy and Bess.
- Author BiographyDuBose Heyward (1885-1940) published Porgy to tremendous critical acclaim and financial success. He also wrote poetry, short fiction, plays, and screenplays.
- Author(s)DuBose Heyward
- PublisherRoundhouse Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoundhouse Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.