All listings for this product
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £9.96Trending at £12.77
- £32.42Trending at £35.28
- £23.37Trending at £23.70
- £10.03Trending at £15.50
- £15.45Trending at £18.15
- £11.02Trending at £11.27
- £6.74Trending at £7.99
About this product
- DescriptionConcerning embryos, Porphyry takes an original view on issues that had been left undecided by his teacher Plotinus and earlier by the doctor Galen. What role is played in the development of the embryo by the souls or the natures of the father, of the mother, of the embryo, or of the whole world?
- Author BiographyJames Wilberding is Lecturer in Ancient Thought, School of Historical Studies, Newcastle University, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- Series TitleAncient Commentators on Aristotle
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBristol Classical Press
- Weight452 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Translated byJames Wilberding
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.