Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.15
- £6.82Trending at £7.31
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £25.99Trending at £28.69
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDonald A. Dewsbury,Michael Wertheimer,Wade E. Pickren
- Table Of ContentsW.E. Pickren, Foundations of Human Experience. F. Weizmann, B. Harris, Arnold Gesell: The Maturationist. A. Johnson, Florence L. Goodenough: Developmental Pioneer, Innovator, and Mentor. J. Valsiner, Heinz Werner: A Differentiation Theory of Development. R.H. de Freitas Campos, Helena Antipoff: A Quest for Democracy and Human Rights With the Help of Pscyhological Science. W.R. Woodward, Charlotte Buhler: Scientific Entrepreneur in Developmental, Clinical, and Humanistic Psychology. B.C. Beins, Jean Piaget: Theorist of the Child's Mind. A. Yasnitsky, Lev Vygotsky: Philologist and Defectologist, A Sociointellectual Biography. E. Johnston, Lois Barclay Murphy: A Pioneer of Positivity. M.M. Scott, Roger Barker: A Different Kind of Developmentalist. S.C. Oullette, Robert W. White: A Life in the Study of Lives. W.E. Pickren, Joseph McVicker Hunt: Golden Age Psychologist. E.K. Morris, Sidney W. Bijou: Outstanding (and Out Standing) in His Fields. D.A. Dewsbury, John Paul Scott: The Study of Genetics, Development, and Social Behavior. H.L. Pick, Eleanor J. Gibson: Learning to Perceive, Perceiving to Learn. A. Rutherford, Mamie Phipps Clark: Developmental Psychologist, Starting from Strengths. J.R. Snarey, Lawrence Kohlberg: Moral Biography, Moral Psychology, and Moral Pedagogy. W.E. Pickren, Eyes on the Prize: Psychologists and Human Development.
- Author BiographyWade E. Pickren is Editor of History of Psychology and has served as the Historian of the American Psychological Association since 1998. He is Past-President of the Society for the History of American Psychology (APA Division 26). He received his Ph.D. in the History of Psychology from the University of Florida. Dr. Pickren is a widely respected author of books, journal articles, many conference presentations, and encyclopedia entries and the former section editor on the history of psychology for the American Psychologist. Donald A. Dewsbury, Professor Emeritus of the University of Florida received his PhD is from the University of Michigan followed by postdoctoral work at the University of California, Berkeley. He has served as President of three APA divisions (general psychology, behavioral neuroscience and comparative psychology, and history of psychology) and the Animal Behavior Society. He is the author or editor of 17 volumes and has published over 360 articles and chapters. In 2008 APA's Division 26 presented him with a lifetime achievement award. Michael Wertheimer is Professor Emeritus, University of Colorado at Boulder. He received his Ph.D. in experimental psychology from Harvard University. He is co-editor of the first 6 volumes of the Portraits of Pioneers in Psychology series. A past-president of 4 APA divisions (general psychology, teaching of psychology, theoretical and philosophical psychology, and history of psychology) and the recipient of 2 national awards for the teaching of psychology, in 2000, APA's Division 26 presented him with a lifetime achievement award for sustained, outstanding, and unusual contributions to the history of psychology.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.