All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithin Shakespeare's lifetime there was already some curiosity about what the writer of such brilliant poems, sonnets and plays looked like. Yet like so much else about him, Shakespeare's appearance is mysterious. This generously illustrated book offers a new perspective on Shakespeare likenesses, as well as exploring the afterlife of these images.
- Author BiographyKatherine Duncan-Jones is an Emeritus Fellow of Somerville College, Oxford. She has written biographies of Sir Philip Sidney (1991) and Shakespeare (2001; revised edition, 2010); and has edited Shakespeare's Sonnets (1997) and (with H.R. Woudhuysen) the same writer's Poems (2007), both for the Arden Shakespeare series.
- Author(s)Katherine Duncan-Jones
- PublisherThe Bodleian Library
- Date of Publication25/09/2015
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodleian Library
- Content Note40 colour illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width173 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.38Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £3.98
- £8.79Trending at £10.34
- £6.35Trending at £7.95
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.