Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1500 few Europeans regarded nature as a subject worthy of inquiry. Yet years later the first museums of natural history had appeared in Italy, dedicated to the marvels of nature. Drawing on archives of visitors' books, letters, and pleas for patronage, this title reconstructs the lost social world of Renaissance and Baroque museums.
- Author BiographyPaula Findlen is Professor of History and Director of the Science, Technology and Society Program at Stanford University
- Author(s)Paula Findlen
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1996
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleStudies on the History of Society and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.