Postcards from Checkpoint Charlie: Images of the Berlin Wall by The Bodleian Library (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £4.98Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 29 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe postcards in this fascinating volume trace the Wall from its beginnings as a simple stretch of barbed wire, to the daunting final structure containing over 300 watchtowers. Haunting images include Allied and East German soldiers coldly observing one another with binoculars and John F. Kennedy in 1963 declaring his solidarity with all Berliners.
- Author BiographyAndrew Roberts is a historian and biographer who has published books on Waterloo, Hitler and Churchill, the Marquis of Salisbury, the Earl of Halifax and the history of English-speaking peoples since 1900 amongst many others. He is an expert on military history and has won many awards for his writing.
- PublisherThe Bodleian Library
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitlePostcards from...
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodleian Library
- Content Note102 Illustrations, color
- Weight301 g
- Width170 mm
- Height126 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Introduction byDr. Andrew Roberts
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.72
- £33.06Trending at £44.95
- £19.32Trending at £27.49
- £7.64Trending at £9.41
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £19.20Trending at £30.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.