All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.75
- £12.64Trending at £13.49
- £6.50Trending at £12.05
- £5.01Trending at £5.92
- £14.90Trending at £16.39
- £11.34Trending at £14.03
- £16.64Trending at £20.71
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an account of the engineering behind eight breakthrough innovations that transformed American life from 1876 to 1939 - the telephone, electric power, oil refining, the automobile, the airplane, radio, the long-span steel bridge, and building with reinforced concrete.
- Author BiographyDavid P. Billington is Gordon Y. S. Wu Professor of Engineering at Princeton University. His books include The Innovators; Robert Maillart: Designer, Builder, Artist; and The Tower and the Bridge (Princeton). David P. Billington Jr. holds a Ph.D. in modern history from the University of Texas and is an independent scholar.
- PrizesShortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2007.
- Author(s)David P. Billington
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2006
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note77 halftones. 75 line illus.
- Weight857 g
- Width216 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.