CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.12
- £24.00Trending at £33.04
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £48.89Trending at £56.06
- £25.98Trending at £26.99
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
About this product
- DescriptionProvides students with an introduction to the basic concepts of power systems along with tools to aid them in applying these skills to real world situations. In this title, physical concepts are highlighted while also giving necessary attention to mathematical techniques.
- Author BiographyA Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin, Thomas J. Overbye is currently the Fox Family Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Prior to joining the University of Illinois he was employed with Madison Gas and Electric Company from 1983 to 1991. He is also the main developer of the PowerWorld(R) Simulator computer package, and a founder of PowerWorld(R) Corporation. He is the recipient of several teaching and research honors, including the BP Amoco Award for Innovation in Undergraduate Education, the Alexander Schwarzkopf Prize for Technological Innovation, and a University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Engineering Distinguished Achievement Award. His primary interest lies in the area of power and energy systems. A Ph.D. from MIT, J. Duncan Glover is President and Principal Engineer at Failure Electrical, LLC. He was a Principal Engineer at Exponent Failure Analysis Associates and a tenured Associate Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of Northeastern University. He has held several engineering positions with companies, including the International Engineering Company and the American Electric Power Service Corporation. Dr. Glover specializes in issues pertaining to electrical engineering, particularly as they relate to failure analysis of electrical systems, subsystems, and components, including causes of electrical fires. Mulukutla S. Sarma is the author of numerous technical articles published in leading journals, including the first studies of methods for computer-aided analysis of three-dimensional nonlinear electromagnetic field problems as applied to the design of electrical machinery. Dr. Sarma is a Life-Fellow of IEEE (USA), a Fellow of IEE (UK) and IEE (INDIA), a reviewer of several IEEE Transactions, a member of the IEEE Rotating Machinery Committee, and a member of several other professional societies. He is also a Professional Engineer in the State of Massachusetts.
- Author(s)J. Duncan Glover,Mulukutla S. Sarma,Thomas J. Overbye
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication18/04/2011
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNelson Engineering
- Weight1215 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement5th Student international edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.