All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £27.00Trending at £30.40
- £27.00Trending at £39.83
- £17.32Trending at £17.95
- £10.32Trending at £10.60
- £9.50Trending at £16.48
- £12.22Trending at £12.44
- £19.17Trending at £19.43
About this product
- DescriptionUnveils a fresh perspective on power relations in eleventh- and twelfth-century Muslim Spain as reflected in historical and literary texts of the period. Employing the methods of the historical literary study in looking at a range of texts, this title reveals the paradoxical relations between the Andalusi Muslim and Jewish elites in this era.
- Author BiographyRoss Brann is the Milton R. Konvitz Professor of Judeo-Islamic Studies and the Chair of Near-Eastern Studies at Cornell University. His books include The Compunctious Poet , recipient of the 1992 National Jewish Book Award in Sephardic Studies. He wrote Power in the Portrayal with the support of the Guggenheim Foundation.
- Author(s)Ross Brann
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/12/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleJews, Christians and Muslims from the Ancient to the Modern World
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight28 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.