All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- £6.44Trending at £6.52
- £6.98Trending at £7.24
- £4.90Trending at £6.99
- £6.04Trending at £7.03
- £5.36Trending at £5.77
- £2.99Trending at £4.00
- £7.85Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionFrustrated as a school teacher unable to find good instructional materials on American Indians, the author bypassed the tired stereotype of Indians on horseback game and placed them in the setting of a powwow. Here, she provides children with a foundation for understanding and celebrating the enduring culture and heritage of American Indians.
- Author BiographyLinda Boyden is a former elementary school teacher and author of The Blue Roses, which was the recipient of Lee and Low Books' first New Voices Award in 2000, the 2003 Paterson Prize in its age category, the Wordcraft Circle of Native American Writers and Storytellers' Book of the Year for Children's Literature, 2002-2003, and was included on the prestigious Cooperative Children's Book Center 2003 Choices list of recommended titles. She resides in Redding, California.
- Author(s)Linda Boyden
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- GenrePicture Books
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note30 colour illustrations
- Width267 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.