All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £7.79Trending at £10.19
- £13.56Trending at £17.30
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.42
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £25.98Trending at £26.99
- £24.84Trending at £26.99
About this product
- Author(s)Peter Truran
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Philosophy
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content NoteX, 102 p.
- Weight183 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Acknowledgements.- 1 Introduction - a personal perspective.- 2 It's about attitude - and experiments.- 3 What's the problem?.- 4 Oh no! Something doesn't fit!.- 5 The solutions to problems.- 6 Observe - what?.- 7 Seeing is not necessarily believing.- 8 Testing hypotheses.- 9 More on induction and , justification and Truth.- 10 Models - useful but not true?.- 11 Just be ...... cause.- 12 A Question of Trust.- 13 Science, Non-science and Pseudoscience.- 14 Scientific thinking - being rational?.- 15 Some concluding thoughts.- Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.