All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding Environment looks at the interaction between building materials and systems and their surroundings, and how this may lead to deterioration. It presents ways of assessing remedial treatments, and includes discussions on occupant health, and sustainable retrofitting.
- Author BiographyThe contents reflect the work of the Building Conservation and Research Team, their colleagues at Historic England, and their consultants and researchers, who together have many decades of accumulated experience in dealing with deteriorating building materials and systems of all types. This multi-disciplinary team of architects, surveyors, conservators and scientists are responsible for standard setting and research across a wide range of Historic England activities. The team specialises in dealing with the practical, technical and scientific aspects of building materials decay and their treatment. The aim has been to provide practical advice by advocating a common approach of firstly understanding the material or building element and why it is deteriorating, and then dealing with the causes. The books concentrate on those aspects which are significant in conservation terms, and reflect the requests for information received by Historic England.
- Author(s)Historic England
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- Series TitlePractical Building Conservation
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 598 colour and b&w illustrations
- Weight1128 g
- Width220 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.85Trending at £5.99
- £7.79Trending at £8.01
- £10.79Trending at £14.99
- £24.73Trending at £27.40
- £22.44Trending at £22.81
- £17.68Trending at £19.03
- £12.71Trending at £15.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.