Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reference for those caring for historic buildings large and small such as architects, surveyors and building managers, as well as conservators. Featuring various techniques and materials, it looks in detail at building materials ranging from the ancient to the modern.
- Author BiographyThe contents reflect the work of the Building Conservation and Research Team, their colleagues at Historic England, and their consultants and researchers, who together have many decades of accumulated experience in dealing with deteriorating building materials and systems of all types. This multi-disciplinary team of architects, surveyors, conservators and scientists are responsible for standard setting and research across a wide range of Historic England activities. The team specialises in dealing with the practical, technical and scientific aspects of building materials decay and their treatment. The aim has been to provide practical advice by advocating a common approach of firstly understanding the material or building element and why it is deteriorating, and then dealing with the causes. The books concentrate on those aspects which are significant in conservation terms, and reflect the requests for information received by Historic England.
- Author(s)Historic England
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- Series TitlePractical Building Conservation
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 592 colour and 35 b&w illustrations
- Weight2199 g
- Width220 mm
- Height240 mm
Most relevant reviews
- philip913415 Dec, 2016by
A good read
It's probably everything that you would want to know about the conservation of mortars. Simply written but allowing scope for more study.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £34.57Trending at £68.30
- £56.74Trending at £68.99
- £16.78Trending at £22.84
- £18.13Trending at £19.98
- £37.19Trending at £44.17
- £26.13Trending at £26.78
- £27.56Trending at £29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.