All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)David Geldard,Kathryn Geldard
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication14/10/2005
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note320 p.
- Weight492 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsPART ONE: COUNSELLING AN OVERVIEW What is Counselling?.- The Counselling Relationship.- PART TWO: BASIC PRINCIPLES AND SKILLS Learning the Necessary Skills.- Joining and Listening.- Paraphrasing of Content.- Reflection of Feelings.- Paraphrasing Content and Reflection of Feeling.- Use and Abuse of Questions.- Summarising.- Creating Comfortable Closure.- PART THREE: PROMOTING CHANGE THROUGH THE USE OF AN INTEGRATIVE APPROACH An Integrative Approach to Helping People Change.- Combining Skills to Facilitate the Change Process.- PART FOUR: ADDITIONAL SKILLS FOR PROMOTING CHANGE Confrontation.- Normalising.- Reframing.- Challenging Self-Destructive Beliefs.- Exploring Polarities.- Enabling the Client to Make Use of their Strengths.- Using the 'Here and Now' Experience.- Exploring Options.- Facilitating Action.- PART FIVE: PRACTICAL, PROFESSIONAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES The Counselling Environment.- Keeping Records of Counselling Sessions.- Cultural Issues.- Influence of the Counsellor's Values and Beliefs.- Confidentiality and Other Ethical Issues.- The Need for Supervision.- Looking After Yourself.- PART SIX: PRACTICAL EXAMPLES FOR STUDENTS REFERENCES.
- Author BiographyKATHRYN AND DAVID GELDARD work together in their private practice as counsellors, and as trainers and supervisors of other counsellors. Kathryn is a child and family therapist and occupational therapist. David is a psychologist. Together they have co-authored the books Counselling Skills in Everyday Life, Working with Children in Groups, Counselling Children, and Counselling Adolescents.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.24Trending at £25.13
- £12.88Trending at £16.23
- £14.56Trending at £16.21
- £23.75Trending at £34.99
- £10.09Trending at £12.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.