All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformed by the author's experience writing serious case reviews, this book offers the practical information that child protection practitioners need and which is often absent in formal training. It offers advice for the known difficulties in practice such as home visiting, communicating with children and working with resistant clients.
- Author BiographyJoanna Nicolas has worked in social care for 23 years. She has worked as a residential social worker, a frontline child protection social worker and has been developing and delivering child protection training for her Local Safeguarding Children Board since 2006. She also develops and delivers training in the private and voluntary sector. She now leads on serious case reviews and works as an independent child protection consultant. She is an accredited lead reviewer in the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) Learning Together systems reviews model and has been leading these reviews since 2011, when the Government first piloted the model. Since 2008 Joanna has been a national commentator on issues around social work, child protection and serious case reviews. She is also the author of Conducting The Home Visit In Child Protection.
- Author(s)Joanna Nicolas
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/08/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight295 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £19.15Trending at £19.93
- £12.88Trending at £16.18
- £14.56Trending at £16.15
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
- £5.20Trending at £5.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.