Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.56Trending at £13.84
- £14.67Trending at £14.90
- £11.15Trending at £14.52
- £16.94Trending at £24.61
- £17.29Trending at £28.07
- £23.56Trending at £40.22
- £11.91Trending at £20.05
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a hands-on treatment of the subject of optimization, recommended for use by industry professionals, scientists, and students interested in optimization algorithms and their various applications. It provides a complete teaching package with MATLAB exercises and online solutions to end-of-chapter problems.
- Author BiographyAndreas Antoniou received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of London, UK, in 1966 and is a Fellow of the IET and IEEE. He served as the founding Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Victoria, B.C., Canada, and is now Professor Emeritus in the same department. He is the author of Digital Filters: Analysis, Design, and Applications (McGraw-Hill, 1993) and Digital Signal Processing: Signals, Systems, and Filters (McGraw-Hill, 2005). He served as Associate Editor/Editor of IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems from June 1983 to May 1987, as a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Signal Processing Society in 2003, as General Chair of the 2004 International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, and is currently serving as a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society. He received the Ambrose Fleming Premium for 1964 from the IEEE (best paper award), the CAS Golden Jubilee Medal from the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, the B.C. Science Council Chairman's Award for Career Achievement for 2000, theDoctorHonoris Causa degree from the Metsovio National Technical University of Athens, Greece, in 2002, and the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society 2005 Technical Achievement Award. Wu-Sheng Lu received the B.S. degree in Mathematics from Fudan University, Shanghai, China, in 1964, the M.E. degree in Automation from the East China Normal University, Shanghai, in 1981, the M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and the Ph.D. degree in Control Science from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, in 1983 and 1984, respectively. He was a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada, in 1985 and Visiting Assistant Professor with the University of Minnesota in 1986. Since 1987, he has been with the University of Victoria where he is Professor. His current teaching and research interests are in the general areas of digital signal processing and application of optimization methods. He is the co-author with A. Antoniou of Two-Dimensional Digital Filters (Marcel Dekker, 1992). He served as an Associate Editor of the Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering in 1989, and Editor of the same journal from 1990 to 1992. He served as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Part II, from 1993 to 1995 and for Part I of the same journal from 1999 to 2001 and from 2004 to 2005. Presently he is serving as Associate Editor for the International Journal of Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing. He is a Fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Author(s)Andreas Antoniou,Wu-Sheng Lu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1044 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.