All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an introduction on how to successfully create practical robotics and mechatronics. Based on the author's 30 years of experience of robotics development, it contains examples of real-world robots from new underwater vehicles, ships, robotic fish and unmanned aviation robotics, to space robotics, and medical robotics.
- Author BiographyIkuo Yamamoto is Professor of the Graduate School of Engineering and the Graduate School of Medical Sciences at Nagasaki University in Japan. His areas of work include the development of an autonomous underwater vehicle (Leader of AUV Urashima , which established the world record of autonomous cruising in February 2005), Remotely Operated Vehicle (Champion in underwater vehicle competition of Techno ocean world convention in 2012; Kaiko, a 10000m deep cruising ROV in 1995), Robotic fish (the first life-like sea bream robotic fish was created in 1995, followed by dolphin, shark ray, and carp). Professor Yamamoto held the post of Engineer and Research Manager at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries where he was involved in projects which included the manufacture of the wings for the Boeing 787, regional jet, multi-rotor aviation, and created many practical robotics and vehicles working in the world. His robotic space fish operated in the International Space Station in 2009 and he has worked on medical robots and instruments used for surgery and rehabilitation based on biological engineering technologies. He is a member of Space Engineering Commitee at JAXA and Organisation for Marine Science and Technology at Nagasaki University. Professor Yamamoto has published a number of academic papers and has won several awards at international conferences, such as Archipelaego Award from France in 2005 for the life-like robotic fish development.
- Author(s)Ikuo Yamamoto
- PublisherInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Date of Publication29/06/2016
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleControl, Robotics and Sensors
- Place of PublicationStevenage
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £13.83Trending at £19.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.