Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £10.87Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
- £10.28Trending at £10.59
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a framework for understanding the counseling and psychotherapy process that can be used in any training program. This book includes clinical examples and discussion questions which are based on a large-scale empirical study that qualitatively and quantitatively examines the experiences of trainees, clients, and supervisors.
- Author BiographyNicholas Ladany, Ph.D., is Professor of Counseling Psychology at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. He has served as Counseling Psychology Program Coordinator & Director of Doctoral Training, and Chair of the Department of Education and Human Services, Prior to his affiliation with Lehigh University, he was an Assistant Professor at Temple University and a Visiting Faculty member at the University of Maryland. He received his Ph.D. at the University at Albany, State University of New York in 1992. He has published numerous articles and presented nationally and internationally in the area of psychotherapy supervision and training. His primary research interest and activity include the interrelationships between supervision process and outcome and psychotherapy process and outcome, including such issues as the working alliance, self-disclosures and nondisclosures, multicultural training, and ethics. He has served on the editorial board of the Journal of Counseling Psychology and currently is the Associate Editor of Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, and Training. He is the author of two books: Critical Events in Psychotherapy Supervision: An Interpersonal Approach and Counselor Supervision: Principles, Process, and Practice. He is a Licensed Psychologist in Pennsylvania. Jessica A. Walker, Ph.D., is a staff psychologist at the University of North Carolina Charlotte's Counseling Center, where she provides leadership in the areas of outreach programming and graduate training. Prior to her affiliation with UNC-C, she served as a psychologist and instructor at UNC-Wilmington. She received her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology at Lehigh University after completing her pre-doctoral internship at Appalachian State University's Counseling Center. Jessica has published and presented nationally and internationally in her areas of research including psychotherapy supervision, countertransference and multicultural variables in counseling. Lia Pate-Carolan, Ph.D., is a Psychologist with the ACT Medical Group, PA in North Carolina. She conducts psychotherapy with those currently residing in nursing homes and assisted living settings north of Raleigh. She completed a post-doctoral position at the New Jersey Department of Veterans Affairs focusing on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as an intervention to reduce medical over-utilization. Her research interests include the process within therapy, and the parallel process between therapy and supervision. She is a Licensed Psychologist in New York and North Carolina. Laurie Gray Evans, Ph.D., is a Staff Psychologist and the Director of Clinical Training at Lehigh University Counseling and Psychological Services, in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. She received her Ph.D. at Lehigh University and has published articles and presented nationally and internationally primarily in the area of psychotherapy supervision and training. Her primary research interests and activities include the interrelationships between supervision and psychotherapy processes and outcomes, with particular interest in critical incidents, parallel processes, and transferential and character dynamics.
- Author(s)Jessica A. Walker,Laurie Gray Evans,Lia M. Pate-Carolan,Nicholas Ladany
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2007
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.