All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSupports and inspires practitioners on how to research their implementation of meaningful and sustainable change in early childhood contexts.
- Author BiographyLinda Newman (EdD; M.Ed Hons; B.Ed (EC); Dip Teach (EC) is the Chair of Early Childhood and Primary Programs in the School of Education at the University of Newcastle, Australia and Chair of the Early Childhood Teacher Education Council (NSW). She is a team member of Futuro Infantil Hoy, an ongoing international research and development program in Chile. Linda's research aims to theorise and apply ethical approaches that facilitate equity and benefit. Influential conceptual framings include sociocultural theory, new sociologies of childhood; community and family capacity building; valuing of diversity and Funds of Knowledge; play based intentional teaching and sustained shared thinking; and literacy as social practice. Website: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/staff/research-profile/Linda_Newman/ Christine Woodrow (PhD; M.Ed; BEd, DipT ECE) is deputy director the Centre for Educational Research at the University of Western Sydney and is project leader of Futuro Infantil Hoy, an ongoing international research and development project in early childhood education being undertaken within a unique strategic alliance involving Fundacion Minera Escondida, the University of Western Sydney and early childhood service providers in Chile. She is a member of the Globalisation research group, where her research is focussed on international policy and practice in early childhood education, educational leadership and the professional preparation of early childhood educators. Website: http://www.uws.edu.au/cer/home
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Edited byChristine Woodrow,Linda Newman
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.45Trending at £25.99
- £25.76Trending at £29.91
- £19.71Trending at £23.93
- £27.92Trending at £28.23
- £27.19Trending at £32.91
- £23.42Trending at £29.81
- £22.09Trending at £22.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.