All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPragmatic Existential Counseling and Psychotherapy integrates concepts of positive psychology and strengths based therapy into existential therapy.
- Author BiographyJerrold Lee Shapiro is Professor and former Chairman in the Department of Counseling Psychology at Santa Clara University, where he is Director of the Center for Professional Development. He is also Managing Partner of Family Business Solutions. From 1970 to 1982, he taught at the University of Hawaii, where he was awarded the Regents Medal for outstanding teaching among senior faculty. A Professor of Counseling Psychology at Santa Clara University since 1982, in 2006, he received the Award for Sustained Excellence in Scholarship - The highest honor for Scholarship awarded by Santa Clara University. He also held a visiting professorship at UC Santa Cruz and was president of PsyJourn Corporation, developers of self-help computer-assisted counseling software. He has authored and edited nine books including three on fatherhood: The Measure of a Man: Becoming the Father you wish your Father Had Been (currently available in four languages),; Becoming a Father: Social, Develop-mental, and Clinical Perspectives (co-edited with Drs.Michael Jay Diamond and Marty Greenberg and winner of a Book of the Year award from the American Journal of Nursing); and When Men Are Pregnant (currently available in five languages). Other books include Brief Group Treatment: A Practical Guide for Counselors and Therapists; and Trance on Trial, (with Alan Scheflin) which won the 1991 Manfred S. Guttmacher Award for Literary Excellence in Law and Psychiatry. Dr. Shapiro has authored over 200 professional papers, presentations and symposia and a Poster: A Father's Declaration. An experienced speaker, he has appeared on well over 100 radio and television programs including The Oprah Winfrey Show; the CBS Morning Show; ABC, CBS and NBC TV News, NPR; PBS; CNN; People are Talking (San Francisco) Sonya Live and Special Reports Television. His work on fatherhood has been carried internationally in print media. Among the articles written by him or citing his research are pieces in TIME Magazine; The New York Times; Los Angeles Times; Wall Street journal; San Francisco Chronicle; San Jose Mercury News; Self Magazine; Parents Magazine; Bridal Guide, San Francisco Magazine and Psychology Today. Professor Shapiro speaks regularly to groups of parents on topics that focus on parenting and life transitions, including fathering, the transition to college for parents and their high schoolers, new methods of educating boys to enhance success and the intricacies of family business. A licensed clinical psychologist, Dr. Shapiro is has held licenses in California and Hawaii, a Diplomate from the American Board of Medical Psychotherapists, a Certified Clinical Consultantship with the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, and a Certified Group Therapist from the American Group Psychotherapy Association. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Divisions of Family Psychology, Independent Practice and Media Psychology).
- Author(s)Jerrold Lee Shapiro
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/11/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £15.75
- £22.55Trending at £22.96
- £28.65Trending at £29.99
- £19.77Trending at £21.61
- £25.68Trending at £27.85
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.