All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a detailed history of Sunni legal pluralism and the ways in which it was employed to accommodate the changing needs of society. In examining over a thousand cases from three seventeenth- and eighteenth century Egyptian courts, Ibrahim traces the internal logic of pragmatic eclecticism under the Ottomans.
- Author BiographyAhmed Fekry Ibrahim is assistant professor of Islamic law at McGill University.
- Author(s)Ahmed Fekry Ibrahim
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2017
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleMiddle East Studies Beyond Dominant Paradigms
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 2 tables
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £9.21Trending at £12.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.