Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.13
- £9.88Trending at £11.89
- £10.75Trending at £10.97
- £16.29Trending at £19.08
- £4.00Trending at £4.70
- £4.84Trending at £4.97
- £10.15Trending at £13.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook comprehensively covers anatomy, physiology, acoustics, perception, and swallowing. It helps speech-language pathologists in training understand the science that underpins their work and provides a framework for the evaluation and management of their future clients.
- Author BiographyThomas J. Hixon, Ph.D., CCC-SLP (1940-2009) received his Ph.D. from the University of Iowa and did postdoctoral work in physiology at Harvard University. He was Professor Emeritus of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences and Dean Emeritus of the Graduate College at the University of Arizona and had been Head of the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, Director of the National Center for Neurogenic Communication Disorders, Director of Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs, Director of the Movement Neuroscience Program, Research Integrity Officer, and Associate Vice President for Research at the same institution. Dr. Hixon was a Fellow of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and was awarded Honors of the Association, the Council of Editor's Award, two Journal Editor's Awards from the Association for the outstanding article of the year, and a Career Teaching Award from the University of Arizona. Dr. Hixon served as Editor of the Journal of Speech and Hearing Research, Speech Section Editor of the Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, and an editorial reviewer and/or Associate Editor to over a dozen other speech and voice journals. His research interests centered on normal and abnormal speech production and the biomechanics of singing. Gary Weismer, Ph.D., is Chair and Oros-Bascom Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees at the Pennsylvania State University, and his doctorate from UW-Madison in 1975. Dr. Weismer's research publications concern normal speech production, and speech production and intelligibility phenomena in persons with motor speech disorders. Dr. Weismer has twice been Associate Editor for the Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research (previously the Journal of Speech and Hearing Research), was Associate Editor at Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica (FPL) for seven years and in 2011 was named Editor in Chief of FPL. Dr. Weismer has won several teaching awards, including a mentoring award in the UW-Madison Honors program and several residence hall awards for outstanding teaching. Dr. Weismer is a member of the Executive Board of the International Association of Logopedics and Phoniatrics (IALP), and is a Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America. Jeannette D. Hoit, Ph.D., CCC-SLP is a Professor in the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences at the University of Arizona and a speech-language pathologist. Dr. Hoit received her B.A. in Anthropology from University of California at Los Angeles, her M.A. in Communicative Disorders from San Diego State University, her Ph.D. in Speech and Hearing Sciences from the University of Arizona, and pursued postdoctoral study in the Harvard School of Public Health Respiratory Biology Program and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Speech Research Laboratory. Dr. Hoit's research focuses on speech physiology, with an emphasis on normal aging and development, neuromotor speech disorders, and respiratory function and dysfunction. Dr. Hoit is a past-Editor of the American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, a Fellow of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, and past-President of the American Association of Phonetic Sciences. She has received a Distinguished Alumnus Award from San Diego State University and several teaching and mentoring awards from the University of Arizona.
- Author(s)Gary Weismer,Jeannette D. Hoit,Thomas J. Hixon
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2013
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Note4 colour illustrations
- Weight2449 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.