Preclinical Speech Science Workbook by Jeannette D. Hoit, Gary Weismer (Spiral bound, 2013)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.88Trending at £9.40
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.88Trending at £4.96
About this product
- DescriptionThis workbook serves as a companion to the Preclinical Speech Science, Second Edition textbook, designed to help students integrate, apply, and go beyond the material presented in the textbook. The workbook contains a variety of activities, including anatomical labeling, measurement of physiologic and acoustic data, and interpretation of graphs.
- Author BiographyJeannette Hoit, Ph.D. Jeannette D. Hoit, Ph.D., CCC-SLP is a Professor in the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences at the University of Arizona and a speech-language pathologist. Dr. Hoit received her B.A. in Anthropology from University of California at Los Angeles, her M.A. in Communicative Disorders from San Diego State University, her Ph.D. in Speech and Hearing Sciences from the University of Arizona, and pursued postdoctoral study in the Harvard School of Public Health Respiratory Biology Program and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Speech Research Laboratory. Dr. Hoit's research focuses on speech physiology, with an emphasis on normal aging and development, neuromotor speech disorders, and respiratory function and dysfunction. Dr. Hoit is a past-Editor of the American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, a Fellow of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, and past-President of the American Association of Phonetic Sciences. She has received a Distinguished Alumnus Award from San Diego State University and several teaching and mentoring awards from the University of Arizona. Gary Weismer, Ph.D. Gary Weismer, Ph.D., is Chair and Oros-Bascom Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees at the Pennsylvania State University, and his doctorate from UW-Madison in 1975. Dr. Weismer's research publications concern normal speech production, and speech production and intelligibility phenomena in persons with motor speech disorders. Dr. Weismer has twice been Associate Editor for the Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research (previously the Journal of Speech and Hearing Research), was Associate Editor at Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica (FPL) for seven years and in 2011 was named Editor in Chief of FPL. Dr. Weismer has won several teaching awards, including a mentoring award in the UW-Madison Honors program and several residence hall awards for outstanding teaching. Dr. Weismer is a member of the Executive Board of the International Association of Logopedics and Phoniatrics (IALP), and is a Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America.
- Author(s)Gary Weismer,Jeannette D. Hoit
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteb/w illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.