All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis publication brings together personal analyses of sixty CT scans of ancient Egyptian human mummies collected from many museums throughout the UK and continental Europe. The effect is that of performing 'virtual autopsies' ('virtopsies') allowing techniques of mummification to be examined.
- Author BiographyRobert Loynes is an Orthopaedic Surgeon who, after retirement, carried out the research described in this publication and was subsequently awarded a PhD in Egyptology. His lifelong interest in Egyptology and a lifetime career using medical images fired his passion for the subject of mummy research specifically using CT scans as a tool.
- Author(s)Robert Loynes
- Date of Publication29/05/2015
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArchaeopress Archaeology
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout in black & white with 7 colour plates
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Format DetailsA4
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £22.68
- £0.99Trending at £6.29
- £10.30Trending at £10.47
- £16.61Trending at £16.82
- £14.50Trending at £20.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.