All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)John M. Rosenfield
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2016
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitlePublications of the Department of Art & Archaeology, Princeton University
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note4 maps.
- Weight542 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsForeword and Acknowledgments 9 Author's Acknowledgments 13 Notes to the Reader 15 Historical Dates and Places 17 Maps 19 Introduction 23 CHAPTER 1 Birth and Training 39 CHAPTER 2 Sacred Mount Ikoma 55 CHAPTER 3 Head Priest 79 CHAPTER 4 Sculpture 93 CHAPTER 5 Pictures 109 CHAPTER 6 Eminence 127 APPENDIX A Hozanji Archive 143 APPENDIX B Shingon Priests 147 Notes 153 Bibliography 161 Glossary 171 Index 191 Image Credits 199
- Author BiographyJohn M. Rosenfield (1924-2013) was the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Professor Emeritus of East Asian Art at Harvard University and curator emeritus of Asian art at the Harvard University Art Museums. His recent publications include Portraits of Chogen: The Transformation of Buddhist Art in Early Medieval Japan and extensive entries in Unrivalled Splendor: The Kimiko and John Powers Collection of Japanese Art.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.54
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.