All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichel Odent, the leading pioneer for natural childbirth, indicates that the period between conception and a child's first birthday is critical to life-long health. Here, he argues that different parts of the 'primal adaptive system' develop, regulate and adjust themselves during foetal life and the time around birth and infancy.
- Author BiographyMICHEL ODENT was born in 1930. Originally qualified as a surgeon, he is popularly known as the obstetrician who introduced the concepts of birthing pools and homelike birthing rooms. His ongoing influential work in childbirth and health research has featured in TV documentaries such as the BBC's 'Birth Reborn', and in authoritative medical journals. Odent founded the Primal Health Research Centre in London, which focuses on the long-term consequences of early childhood experiences. The Primal Health Research data bank (www.birthworks.org/primalhealth) features material which indicates that health is shaped during the primal period (from conception until the first birthday), and that the way we are born affects our sociability, aggression and capacity to love. He has also developed a preconceptional programme (the 'accordion method') to minimize the effects of intrauterine and milk pollution by synthetic fat soluble chemicals. Odent's other principal research interest is the non-specific, long-term effect on health of early multiple vaccinations. He is the author of dozens of scientific papers and 11 books published in 21 languages, including Primal Health and The Farmer and the Obstetrician.
- Author(s)Michel Odent
- PublisherClairview Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationForest Row
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClairview Books
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.00
- £12.38Trending at £15.88
- £7.97Trending at £9.99
- £44.83Trending at £49.48
- £42.58Trending at £45.99
- £5.54Trending at £6.00
- £9.98Trending at £13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.